Friday, 12 July 2013

PopSugar Must Have Box - June and July editions





I have to say, I'm in love with the PopSugar subscription boxes! Both June and July were awesome and the value was definitely there!

The June box I think has been my favorite thus far. I love the scarf! I have a million scarves from living up north, but this one is really an all-weather scarf! I can wear it in Florida for going to dinner, the movies or the grocery store where the A/C is always cranked. The popcorn was gone in about 3 days... It was addicting and I couldn't believe that it was 37 calories per cup! (Who am I kidding... I probably had 2-3 servings each time.) The Juice Beauty moisturizer smells a little overwhelming (almost like citrus scented floor cleaner) and it's a bit thick for a summer lotion, but it's not greasy and I love keeping my face moisturized. I haven't opened the book or unwrapped the DVD yet. The mints are delicious and there are sooo many! I feel like I go through a box of tic tacs in a matter of days, but this little test tube holds a TON of mints! Finally, I've been stalking the Gorjana and Griffin website trying to decide what I want to purchase with my $25 gift card... so many awesome items!

Here are a few snaps from my June box:





Value Breakdown:
Gorjana & Griffin Zuma Scarf - $62 + $25 gift card
Juice Beauty Stem Cell Repair Moisturizer (Full Size) and 2 CC Cream (Samples) - $65 + $7.80 worth of samples ($3.90 for each sample)
Madonna's Hard Candy Fitness DVD - Addicted to Sweat 4 - $7.49 but its $29.95 for all 4 DVDs
Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger - $25.99 List Price but $14.76 on Amazon
Project 7 Quench The Thirsty Wintergreen Mints - $1.79 (Available at 7Elevens, Target, Walmarts and more)
Popcorn, Indiana Fit Popcorn - $5.33 per bag (Available at Whole Foods, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and more)
Total value: $189.17


July PopSugar Box:

July Must Have Box
 
Tovolo King Cube Ice Cube Tray
I have this tray in a smaller size and I love it to make flavored ice cubes with ice tea or coffee. I've also read that you can use butter and herbs in them or oil and herbs. Its dishwasher safe and the rubber makes it easy to pop out the cubes. I love this king size because they'll melt slower, which the BF will love so it won't water down his scotch. Available at Bed Bath & Beyond, Sur La Table, Dillards, etc. 
$6.99-8.95 depending on where you buy it.

 Hannahmax Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip All Natural Crunchy Cookie Chips
I was hungry so I immediately opened this bag and it had 2 servings in it, but it didn't last longer than 5 minutes. They were so tasty and crunchy! I LOVE chocolate and have lately been obsessed with Sheila G's Brownie Brittle, and these were great and have less calories!
$23.96 for 4 pack on their website (includes S&H) or MustHavebox value: $5.99

 NCLA As If! Polish
The color is really nice lavender color. It's also a 5 free color which people like because it's healthier. I personally can't tell much difference in quality between these and the $1.99 polishes at CVS. Let's see if it lasts longer than my cheapo bottles.
$16 on shopncla.com

BaubleBar Rose Gold Double Curb Chain Necklace
This necklace is exactly what I've been looking for! I have rose gold rings, a bracelet and even earrings, but never had any necklace to pull it all together. I love that it has some weight to it so that it will lay flat on my chest and it doesn't look cheap. Plus every item from BaubleBar comes with it's own protective sleeve which is great to prevent scratches. And I also got a 20% off card for a future order. The jewelry is all definitely costumey, but the quality is MUCH nicer than anything similar that you'll find at H&M, Target, Charming Charlie, or Forever21.
$36 for a silver version on BaubleBar.com

 Mighty Leaf Iced Tea
I love iced tea. I try not to drink as much coffee during the summer because I like to stay very hydrated. These are tea bags that you can use to make a whole pitcher of iced tea. I'm usually a Teavana (read: snooty) tea drinker, but I'll give this a shot! The pouches smell great!
$6.25 per box and has 4 pouches that each make a 1/2 gallon pitcher
 Supergoop! SPF 30 Anti-aging City Sunscreen Serum
I love anything with SPF included in it, but lately I've started getting picky about my SPF after reading some product reviews. I had a sample of some Supergoop product back when I subscribed to Birchbox and I thought it was good stuff. This has a faint smell of sunscreen and applied nicely to my hand. I will definitely be using this because living in Florida, I wear sunscreen even if I don't plan on ever leaving my apartment (the rays can still come through the windows!). And even though I'm not even 30, it's never too soon to start adding in products that boast 'anti-aging' benefits.
$42 on supergoop.com or Sephora

 Total Value of July box: $113.25

Overall opinion of the last two months: I definitely liked June's box more than July's, but both have such a great value! And it's stuff I actually use too! It's not like I include the product in my value count because it's in the box, but I'll actually use all this stuff! (Ok maybe I should have deducted the Madonna chair dancing DVD from June and that nail polish from July, but oh well....) Still an amazing value and such variety!

I love these boxes so much that I changed my subscription from monthly ($37.10 per month) to the 3-month subscription which saves $5 per month. I highly recommend it!
 
If you want to subscribe use this link so I get referral credit :) POPSUGAR Must Have 
If you already subscribe, please leave a comment with your favorite items!
 

PS.. August is the Anniversary month for the Must Have box so I'm sure that box will be filled with amazing products! I can't wait!

1 comment: