Tuesday, 14 May 2013

May PopSugar MustHave Box Review




My May PopSugar Must Have Box came in the mail yesterday and I was literally jumping up and down while I was opening it! The theme this month is all about kicking the party season into high gear. I love the mix of beauty, fashion, food and entertainment that they curate monthly!

Here's what was in my box:

Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat (Black)
  • The flexible beach hat provides 50+ sun protection from the harmful rays when you are out all day in the hot summer sun.
  • The brim has a sturdy wire in it that allows you to shape it for your needs. Plus, it's easy to shove in your beach bag and not have to worry about ruining it's shape. 
  • I got the black one, which might not be the best in the Florida sun, but I'm a huge proponent of sunscreen and sun protection so this hat is definitely coming to the beach/pool with me every time!
  • Price tag: $27.99 from Hats Unlimited
Looking East across downtown West Palm Beach
The Modern Margarita - 6 Flavor Sampler
  • Each fun flavor only has 90 calories, which is on the lower end of the calorie range for margarita mixes {just check your grocery section!}
  • The flavors look really fun and delicious... I can't wait to try the watermelon!
  • It also comes with yellow rimming salt to add that finishing touch to your cocktails with friends
  • Price tag: $8.29 from themoderncocktail.com
50 Conversation Cards created from Mindy Kaling
  • I'm not really sure what these are, but I did read a bit of Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, and I've watched her show a few times. 
  • The title of the box says: Questions I Ask When I Want To Talk About Myself: 50 Topics to Share With Friends. I had to up the card box and figure out what these things were...
  • So I pulled out a card that said: I have virtually no hobbies except dieting. On the back of the card is what looks like an excerpt from Mindy's book, followed by a conversational question: What is the most absurd celebrity-endorsed diet/exercise regimen you've tried? Any surprising lessons you still practice?
  • I think these cards are cute and she includes so many topics. I'm the girl who has 2 best friends, and then a whole bunch of other girlfriends that I see, but hardly know anything about. These cards would be a fun way to get to know them more, share some laughs, and make some of those margaritas!
  • Price Tag: $13.45 on Amazon (Prime price)


The Original BeautyBlender and BlenderCleanser
  • This was THE item I jumped for joy about! I have been reading about these pink magical sponges for months! I never dropped the dough on one because I'm pretty used to my brushes and how to use those {I'm not the most makeup savvy person} but since this came in my MustHave box, I used it with my morning beauty regimen. 
  • I used my airbrush foundation brush to apply my liquid makeup over my face and then used the BeautyBlender to blend my foundation into my skin. It seemed to work well, but I think I will need to go to YouTube and search for tutorials.
  • I do love that it came with cleanser solution. I've seen all these DIYs for homemade makeup brush cleaner, but I wouldn't know how to clean this sponge correctly. The cleaner also has a light lavender-scent and is soy based, so it should be quick to clean the sponge and leave a nice scent in the air as you clean. Again I'll need to check the website or YouTube for how often I need to clean the sponge.
  • Price Tag: $23.95 on beautyblender.net {for blender and cleanser travel set}
 Pacifica Natural Color Quench Lip Tint in Guava Berry
  • I haven't tried this yet... I just went on a shopping spree at Walgreens and bought like 5 new chapstick/lip tints. {Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm was on clearance for like $3.50 each so I couldn't resist stocking up}
  • The MustHave box card insert says that it is 100% vegan sheer lip color that will keep your lips moisturized and glowing. 
  • It does smell AMAZING, and the tube has beautiful gold and fushia designs.
  • Price Tag: $7.00 from pacificaperfume.com
Charm & Chain $30 Gift Card
  • I've subscribed to this website's newsletters for a few weeks now and their jewelry is GORGEOUS! They have costume jewelry, everyday classics and also one-of-a-kind heirloom pieces. They have curated selections from a number of big designers: Lulu Frost, Dannijo. Kenneth Jay Lane, Gorjana, and more!
  • The free shipping doesn't start until you order $150, but the offer is good through the end of the year (December 31, 2013)
  • Price Tag: $30 at charmandchain.com
  • Here's what I have my eye on: 
Taner Pave Bar Necklace
Gorjana Taner Pave Bar Necklace $70
Stormy Ring
Kendra Scott Stormy Ring Set $60

Special Extra:
Tortilla Chips from Way Better Snacks
  • I've been successfully avoiding carbs for about a week now so I haven't tried these chips. I need to wait until my boyfriend gets home so when I open the bag, we can try them together. {That way I don't have all the calories and avoid some of the carbs}
  • Price Tag: $20.94 for a box of 16 bags = $1.31 per bag from gowaybetter.com
The box also came with a small PopSugar tote bag. It's just big enough to fit a book, sun hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water to take to the beach/pool. I guess you have to carry your towel, or opt for a bigger bag.

Total Worth of the Box: $111.99!!! So much more value than the $35 it cost per month.

If you are interested in signing up for PopSugar MustHave monthly boxes, use this link: http://popsu.gr/cJpa

What are your thoughts on these items? Are you going to join PopSugar? I'd love to hear your feedback!

Finally, I have to give a shout-out to Lia from SmartnSnazzy.com  because I follow her blog religiously and love it! Her blog gave me the inspiration to write these reviews and she also started doing the value breakdown before I even started blogging. Thank you, Lia!!!



3 comments:

  1. GREAT review, and thank you so much for the shout out! I loved this box, and the margarita mixes are SO amazing, right?
    xo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these items. I'm looking to maybe swap out one of my monthly subscriptions and this only looks pretty good. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Good luck with the giveaway :)
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete