Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Currently Reading: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg

I'm currently reading Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg.
source: amazon.com

Sheryl Sandberg is the COO of Facebook and worked at Google before that. I've watched a TEDTalk and other clips of her presenting about her career while maintaining a successful marriage and growing family. She encourages women to 'sit at the table', take challenges, and 'lean in'. She also started a website, http://leanin.org/,  dedicated to encouraging and supporting women (and men) to lean in to their ambitions.

After I finish reading the book, I'll post a review about it. I can guarantee it won't be as long as the Maker book review I did. That was for a graduate class and I thought it would be nice to share. When {and if} I post a review, it will probably consist of quotes from the book, inspirations, and thoughts on how I can improve my life, and encourage others to do same. My goal after reading the book is to be more aware of things I might be unconsciously doing that could be setting me back from my peers or slowing me down from reaching my goals.

Has anyone read this book, her articles or watched any of Sheryl's speeches? If so, let me know your thoughts and how you have grown from the knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book, I want to read it even more now. You've summed up exactly what I want out of it as well! I'll read it and we can compare notes lol!
    xo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard this is a great book Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete