Thursday, 4 April 2013

March GlossyBox Review

This week, I received my first Glossybox and I am generally satisfied. For the $21 monthly subscription, I definitely got more than that in value! I have never heard of any of the beauty brands until this box, but that is great because it gives me an opportunity to try things outside of Sephora and CVS (my usually beauty one-stop-shops)

All the boxes are 'unique' so here is what came in mine:
- a bar of lovely scented soap + $40 gift certificate to the online shop
- lip and cheek stain (LOVE love love!!)
- cream eye shadow stick (a brassy/bronze that is a tad too dark for my taste)
- brown matte liquid eye liner (I'm not the best at putting this stuff on neatly, and the wand does not help. It sure stays put though!)
- finishing hairspray (I hate hairspray, but my friends say its because I'm traumatized from back in the day when there was only the crunchy stuff, supposedly this is holding without the sticky and crunchy hair)
- lipstick and gloss duo in nude (love the gloss but the stick is a tad too tan nude and gives my lips a brownish color)

My favorites are the soap and the eye liner, but my ultimate favorite that wins me over is the stain!

The box is also so perfect and I'm definitely going to reuse it for something!

If you are interested in signing up for a Glossybox subscription, use this link so I can get referral credit. :) Glossybox

Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes? I heard of a bunch of them but would love to hear what is actually subscribed to and how well you like it.

Thank you so much reading!
<3 Leah

2 comments:

  1. Great roundup post! I have the same (or a very similar color) eye shadow stick, and I instead use it as a liner ;-) With the lipstick, have you tried it with the gloss layered over it? It may work that way and give a little more dimension. Just a thought! Thank you so much for all of your sweet and thoughtful comments on my blog, it's much appreciated, and I've wished I had your email so I can properly respond and thank you!
    xo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lia,
      I did try gloss over the lipstick and it's SO much better. I still feel like I don't even need the lipstick though, because it basically makes my lips the same color as my skin, and then I have to use gloss to add dimension and make my lips stand out on my face. Lipsticks and glosses are probably my least favorite beauty products... I keep trying them, but I'll stick with my stains and chapsticks (Baby Lips by Maybelline!).

      Thanks for reading my post! I'm trying to find the time to post more, but life is so hectic right now!

      Delete